|Chem 7||– To determine your general health status; to screen for, diagnose, or monitor a variety of diseases and conditions, such as diabetes or kidney disease|
|Protein Total||– To determine your nutritional status or to help diagnose certain liver and kidney disorders as well as other diseases|
|Albumin||– To screen for and help diagnose a liver disorder or kidney disease
– Use to evaluate nutritional status
|Phosphorous||– To evaluate the level of phosphorus in your blood and to aid in the diagnosis of conditions known to cause abnormally high or low levels of phosphorus.
In follow up to an abnormal calcium level; when you have a kidney disorder or uncontrolled diabetes
|Uric Acid||– This test measures the amount of uric acid in your blood or urine.
Uric acid is a normal waste product that is made when the body breaks down chemicals called purines. If your body makes too much uric acid or does not release enough into your urine, it can make crystals that form in your joints.
– Help diagnosed gout
– Help find cause of frequent kidney stones
|Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)||– To measure how much of TSH hormone in your blood.
– To find out well the thyroid is working.
– It can tell if its overactive (hyperthyroidism) or underactive (hypothyroidism) thyroid function.
– It can detect thyroid disorder before you have any symptoms
|Free T4||– To evaluate thyroid gland function
– To diagnose thyroid disease
– To monitor effectiveness of thyroid treatment
|T3 Free||– To help evaluate thyroid gland function
– To diagnose thyroid disease, including hyperthyroidism, and determine the cause
– To monitor effectiveness of treatment of a thyroid disorder
Metabolic Panel test package
What is Metabolic Panel
Metabolic panel (BMP) is a group of 8 tests that measures several substances in your blood. The BMP gives your healthcare practitioner important information about the current status of your body’s metabolism. The BMP provides information on your blood sugar (glucose) level, the balance of electrolytes and fluids, and the health of your kidneys.
What test are in Chem 7?
– Four electrolytes: sodium (Na+) potassium (K+) chloride (Cl−) bicarbonate (HCO3−) or CO.
– blood urea nitrogen (BUN)
Can metabolic blood test detect cancer?
The samples may show cancer cells, proteins or other substances made by the cancer. Blood tests can also give an idea of how well your organs are functioning and if they have been affected by cancer.
Is metabolic panel test requiring fasting?
Tests for blood sugar, electrolyte balance, and kidney function need to fast for 8 to 12 hours before having one of these tests.”