|Testosterone||– To detect an abnormal testosterone level in males and females
– In females: to help diagnose the cause of masculine physical features (virilization), infertility, or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
|FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone)||– To evaluate fertility issues, the health of your reproductive organs (ovaries or testicles), or pituitary function
– Women: It will help to determine the cause of infertility, find out if have problem with ovarian function, Find the reason for irregular or stopped menstrual periods
|LH (Luteinizing Hormone)||– To evaluate fertility issues or the health of your reproductive organs (ovaries or testicles)
– Women: to determine whether you have ovulated (released an egg from the ovary)
– To evaluate pituitary function
|Cortisol||– To help diagnose Cushing syndrome or primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency (Addison disease)
– To detect conditions affecting the pituitary or adrenal glands
|Iron/IBC Panel||– To assess your body’s ability to transport iron in the blood
– To help diagnose iron-deficiency or iron overload
|Estradiol||– To measure or monitor estrogen levels
– To detect an abnormal level or hormone imbalance
– To monitor treatment for infertility or symptoms of menopause
|Prolactin||– Women: To investigate unexplained flow of breast milk (galactorrhea), abnormal nipple discharge, absence of menstrual periods, and/or infertility|
|Progesterone||– Find the cause of a woman’s infertility (the inability to make a baby)
– Find out if and when you are ovulating
– Find out your risk of a miscarriage
– Monitor a high-risk pregnancy
|CA-125 (Cancer Antigen))||– To monitor treatment for ovarian cancer or to detect recurrence; sometimes to evaluate a lump located in the pelvic area (pelvic mass)
– to help detect early ovarian cancer in those identified as being at high risk
Female Panel Lab Test Package
Why need to check for Panel test?
To determine your general health status; to screen for, diagnose, or monitor any one of a variety of diseases and conditions, such as kidney disease, liver disease, high blood pressure (hypertension) or diabetes; to monitor the use of specific medications that may affect kidney health or liver function
What does estrogen do to a woman?
Estrogen is a hormone that plays various roles in the body. In females, it helps develop and maintain both the reproductive system and female characteristics, such as breasts and pubic hair.
Do females need estrogen?
Estrogen is necessary in keeping the vagina healthy. As menopause nears, the ovaries reduce most of their production of these hormones. Lowered or fluctuating estrogen levels may cause menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, and medical conditions such as osteoporosis.
What is the cause of hormonal imbalance in women?
An imbalance in hormones can be caused by unusually high stress, insufficient sleep, an unhealthy diet, diabetes, menopause, pregnancy, thyroid problems, and other conditions.